Please note that we are not accepting applications at this time for homes with children under the age of 12 as we get very few dogs that can be placed in homes with children. We also do not list available dogs on our website and can not respond to inquiries about available dogs- please see below for details about the process. Please see the Adoption FAQs.
- Once your application is received, it is reviewed for completeness, the application coordinator will contact you to let you know we received your application and will address any questions about your application.
- The application is forwarded to a regional home visit coordinator who will arrange a visit at your home. The home visit enables us to understand your environment, including requirements of your family, existing pets, schedule and location. This information is crucial for us to make quality matches – we need to understand both the dog’s requirements and the adopters’.
- The home visit report is forwarded to the adoption coordinator along with you application.
- When a potential match is found, the adoption coordinator will contact you to tell you about the dog, if you are interested in possibly pursuing the adoption, you will be given contact information for the foster home.
- Your family and any dogs will then visit with the GRROWLS dog in the foster home. This is so that you can get the best idea of the dog’s behavior and temperament at a location where he is comfortable, and the foster home can evaluate if the match appears appropriate.
- The day after the visit, you contact the adoption coordinator to let her know if you are interested in pursuing the adoption.
- If both you and the foster family agree, the adoption is approved and arrangements are made for you to adopt the dog.
- To fill out an application, click here.